FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is your return policy?
Your shopping experience and satisfaction with our products upon delivery are very important to us. Each item is created and shipped to you with our utmost care. Please contact Theresa at firstname.lastname@example.org if you had any issues with your order. We will do whatever possible to make sure you're completely happy with your experience shopping with us!
- We accept returns for merchandise exchange or store credit on full priced items returned within 30 days of your order delivery. All returned items must be in the same brand new condition to be accepted for credit/exchange. All shipping charges must be paid for by the purchaser including the return shipping fees. Store credit never expires and is issued in form of an emailed code to use anytime.
- We accept returns to be refunded to your original method of payment on full priced items within 30 days of your order delivery. All returned items must be in the same brand new condition to be accepted for refund. A 10% restocking fee will be deducted from your refund, along with all shipping charges including the return shipping.
- All shipping charges are responsibility of the customer and will not be reimbursed.
All SALE items are final sale:
Any item in our “Sale” collection on our website is final sale. See the collection HERE.
OR if “FINAL SALE” is listed in the product description located under the “Add to my cart button” and price.
To proceed with a return:
Please contact Theresa at email@example.com
All returned items must be unused and in original packaging. It is the purchaser's responsibility to insure we receive the return in like new condition. We strongly recommend selecting a shipping method with tracking information. If we do not receive the returned order, we cannot process the request.
Damage/defect claims must be communicated within 7 business days of package arrival.
Tracking for return shipments must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ship returns to:
Coral & Tusk
Attn: Web Order Returns
253 36th Street, Suite B312
Mailbox unit #3
Brooklyn, NY 11232
Phone number 718-388-4188
Is everything on the website available now?
We do our absolute best to have all listed items in stock. If the item is out of stock for some reason, we will notify you within one business day of your order via phone or email with a revised lead time on delivery. At that point you will have the option to accept the revised delivery date, cancel your order or replace out of stock items.
When can I expect my order to arrive?
We try our very best to ship your orders as quickly as possible. We ship orders within 1-3 business days from our office in Brooklyn, NY and your delivery speed is determined by shipping location and method. We use FedEx, UPS and USPS for delivering shipments within the US. Shipping method options and the corresponding rates are provided at checkout. Coral & Tusk is not responsible for any FedEx, UPS or USPS delays, delivery errors, lost or stolen packages once the package has been shipped and tracking updates have been generated. We are available to assist you in any way we can regarding your order and shipment. Please Call 718.388.4188 or email Theresa at email@example.com for any further shipping inquiry.
We try our very best to ship your orders as quickly as possible. We ship orders within 1-3 business days from our office in Brooklyn, NY and your delivery speed is determined by shipping location and method. The recipient is responsible for all incurred taxes and customs duties. International deliveries are subject to local import duties and taxes which the receiver will be required to pay upon receipt. Coral & Tusk is not responsible for customs issues or delays. We are not responsible for any FedEx or USPS delivery errors, delays or lost or stolen packages once the package has been shipped and tracking updates have been generated. We are available to assist you in any way we can regarding your order and shipment. Please call 718.388.4188 or email Theresa at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further international shipping inquiry.
Do you offer gift wrapping?
Coral & Tusk provides gift wrapping upon request. Please indicate if you would like your purchase gift wrapped on the checkout page.
What types of payment do you accept?
Coral & Tusk accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or PayPal. The transaction is processed through our secure server. If you prefer to contact us directly to place your order, you can call 718.388.4188 and we would be more than happy to receive your order over the phone.
Is my information secure?
We do not share or sell any customer information with third parties. Our secure server provides maximum privacy.
How is everything made?
Coral & Tusk’s creative process is a special alchemy of illustration, machine embroidery and hand-finishing. A RISD-trained textile designer, Stephanie first creates her irreverent characters and bold pattern designs as original pencil drawings before she painstakingly redraws them stitch by stitch using specialized software. Designs are machine-embroidered and then finished by hand. Every Coral & Tusk product retains the hand-drawn allure of the original illustration, now with the satisfying tactile quality of stitches on cloth. Find out more about us HERE
Where is it made?
All of the design work and prototypes are first made in our Brooklyn loft by Designer Stephanie Housley. She has set up and established workshops in India from her many trips there. We then collaborate closely with them for the machine embroidery and cut & sew. The pieces come back from India to our Brooklyn loft where they are finished by hand and shipped. Our products are very much made in the US and India jointly. Our pillow inserts are made locally in Brooklyn, and we get all our packing supplies from a Brooklyn company as well. See about our entire process HERE
Why the name Coral & Tusk?
We wanted to choose a name that evoked beautiful imagery and good luck. Since coral and tusk are both auspicious materials, and both live on land and in the sea, it felt like the perfect combination.
Can any design I see be embroidered onto any other type of product or size?
No, everything comes as you see it on our website. There are some reoccurring characters and designs you will see on different sizes or across different categories; however we do not work in this way. Each illustration is thoughtfully designed for the size and type of product you see it on.
Do you do custom work?
No, we do not do custom work.
Are your products sold in stores?
Yes, we are lucky enough to sell to some really wonderful stores in the US and worldwide. Find the one closest to you HERE
Do you have a storefront?
No, we do not have a storefront location. However, we do hold store hours in our showroom space within the Coral & Tusk studio, where anyone can come and shop the full line. We are located in Industry City in Sunset Park, Brooklyn at 253 36th Street, Suite B312 Brooklyn, NY 11232 and are open to shoppers by appointment only, call 718.388.4188
Do you ever have sales?
Yes, we do have seasonal sales through our website or out of our studio space, we also participate in some craft fairs. Sign up on our mailing list to be the first to know about upcoming sales HERE
What kind of fabric do you use?
We use linen that is made from 100% unbleached and undyed natural flax fiber. There is an inherent beauty in the shade variation from one crop to another. This variation stems from a range of natural factors including weather and soil contributing to soft fluctuations in the natural tones which start from seed and end in a beautifully woven natural cloth. The indigo and ivory fabrics are also 100% linen, custom dyed and woven for Coral & Tusk.
How should I care for my linens?
For our customers that like to maintain the crisp quality of your brand new Coral & Tusk linen, we suggest dry cleaning or spot cleaning.
If you appreciate the way linen softens, then machine care will work for you. As a 100% natural fiber, linen has a relaxed feel and natural beauty. The fabric softens overtime with use and this quality is enhanced through washing. Linen increases in strength when wet, which is why it stands up to the rough and tumble of repeated laundering so well. To avoid set in wrinkles in addition to protecting the delicate nature of the embroidery and material, we suggest not to machine dry our linens.
A few of the popular detergents that will work best and do not alter the natural colors of the linen are All Powder, Allens Naturally, Cheer, Seventh Generation, Mrs. Meyers and Woolite. Do not use bleach or detergents that have any bleach additives in them as it will break down and fade the fabric. Our embroidered linen stands up to repeated laundering when treated with care. The following washing cycles are recommended to be used:
- Machine wash cold up to 65°F with a mild detergent (For pillows, turn inside out first)
- Place the items in a bag prior to putting them in the machine. These bags are generally used for delicates.
- Hand wash in cool to warm water.
- Dry clean.
- Natural fibers tend to wrinkle easily because they do not have the artificial elastic properties of synthetic materials.
- Never tumble-dry linen as this can over-dry the fibers and makes ironing more difficult.
- Linen naturally dries quickly so use the spin cycle and line dry.
- Never machine dry any embroidery that uses metallic thread in the design.
Ironing and Storage:
- After drying, wrinkles will easily iron out on a steam setting or when lightly sprayed with water. Always iron linen when damp, first on the wrong side to eliminate creases and then on the right side if you wish to enhance the fabric's natural sheen. If the linen has already dried before ironing, use a water spray bottle to re-dampen it, especially on creases of wrinkled areas. A good steam iron set to the linen setting will work best.
- Whenever possible, store linen articles without folding. Linen tablecloths or long pieces of fabric store best rolled. Store linens in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight to avoid color fade.
- For items with embroidered sequins and metallic thread, take extra care to iron around the sequins and thread and not directly on top of them.
- Fresh stains are much easier to remove than old ones, so take care of stains promptly.
- Blot up any excess liquid with a clean white cloth, or paper towel.
- Avoid rubbing the stained area with a linty terrycloth towel to keep fabric pilling to a minimum. Using a flat cloth, first dab at the stain with a bit of water. If it does not come out completely, add a tiny bit of OBA free detergent and dab at the spot, repeating the process until the stain is removed.
- Never rub a fresh stain with bar soap. Soap sets many stains
What type of insert comes with my pillow?
Our pillows come with a 90/10 Feather Down insert.
Do you have a mailing list that I can be added to?
Yes, you can sign up HERE
Who should I contact for more information?
Please feel free to contact us at the studio with any questions at 718.388.4188 or write to email@example.com.